Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
T
How to keep spider webs away?
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting

I have a floodlight pro and I guess it’s a spider magnet because everytime I knock the web down they rebuild it and it’s right infront of the camera so I can’t see anything but the web at night. Any help would be appreciated

24-05-2024 01:14:23

Responses (1)

C

Hi @TheHolyMando. I’m sorry to hear the spiders seem attracted to your Floodlight Cam! The only solution here is to try and find a method that works to deter the spiders from that area of your home. In doing a quick google search, it seems like essential oils and citronella candles can act as deterrents. I hope you’re able to find a method that works.

24-05-2024 08:03:46

U

An Ortho product called Home Defense seems to kill spiders on contact or when they walk over the spray residue. It is available at most big-box stores in a one-gallon jug with built-in sprayer. Try spraying it all around your camera and then wipe it off the lens.

25-05-2024 11:49:02

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions