Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
B
How to get a proper notification when self-monitoring your alarm
alarm
alarm-alerts
app-request
I just installed the new Ring Pro alarm and don't want to pay $200 a year for the monitoring service. My previous self-monitored alarm would just call my phone and play a recording if it had been tripped. But to the best of my knowledge the self-monitoring relies on just a Push or Email notification. However, a Push notification with a quick audible alert isn't going to wake me in the middle of the night. So I created a new email address just for the Ring (i.e. ring@domain.com) and set it up on my phone (iOS 15.1). After that follow these steps... Settings-> Notifications-> Mail-> Customize Notification-> select your new email account-> Sounds-> under Ringtones select classic-> select Alarm By doing this any email that goes to this account will sound the Alarm sound for about 20 seconds, which is just as good as a phone call IMO. I may setup this email account on my wife's phone too for redundancy purposes. I hope this helps. Quick follow up..my wife had Banner notifications on for her Mail app, which didn’t allow the alert sound to play. Once I disable Banners for the Mail app it worked fine.

11-11-2021 10:02:25

Responses (3)

U
Have an Android Google Pixel 6a, same as you with your iOS can't seem to get the phone to ring when the alarm is activated, "a quick audible alert isn't going to wake me in the middle of the night". Can you help

17-03-2023 06:11:04

C
Hi neighbors. At this time, there is not an option to receive a Ring Alarm notification as a phone call. If you are Self Monitored, you will receive a push notification when your Ring Alarm has been triggered. Some neighbors have requested the option to set a custom notification tone for when the siren is triggered, which you can find [here](https://community.ring.com/t/custom-push-notification-tones-for-alarm-events/9052). I'd recommend adding your feedback to that request. You can add any product or feature ideas to our [Feature Request](https://community.ring.com/c/products/24) board.

17-03-2023 06:11:35

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

16-04-2023 06:12:27

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User