How to feed the electricity to doorbell with bypassing chime

I researched and found my old doorbell -NuTone recessed type - doesn’t seem to work with the video doorbell in the market. NuTone says they have another recessed type doorbell which is compatible with Ring but it’s ding-dong sound doorbell so I would just go with Ring chime pro.

While I struggled to connect to my old doorbell to Ring - before I figured out it’s not compatible - I seemed to damage to either transformer or chime. My question is, if I don’t use the old chime and just want to feed the electricity to Ring doorbell then what do I need to do? All connections are same with the transformer and just disconnect all the lines to the old chime and directly connect to the doorbell?

Hey @doomoo. Here are some links to help you figure out how you would like to wire your doorbell directly to the transformer, or how to bypass your chime. I am unsure what Ring Video Doorbell type you will get, so I’ve included links for all of them below:
How to Bypass your Internal Doorbell with the Pro Power Kit V2 for Ring Video Doorbell Pro
How to Connect Your Ring Video Doorbell Directly to a Low Voltage Transformer Without a Pre-Existing Doorbell
How to Connect Your Ring Video Doorbell 2 Directly to a Low Voltage Transformer without a Pre-Existing Doorbell