How to exit without deactivating alarm?

Hello, I just set up my Ring Alarm system the other day, and I’m new to having an alarm in general. I found a similar question from last year, but am wondering if there have been any updates that may address my issue.

My situation is pretty simple, we set the alarm in home mode at night when we’re sleeping. I leave the house before my wife does in the morning. Is there any way to be able to open the front door and leave the house while in home mode without having to fully disable the alarm first?

Similarly, if the alarm is in home mode and we want to open a window, again is the only option to disarm the system, open the window, and re-arm it? From my searching, Nest looks to have a functionality called Quiet Open that seems to accomplish this. Is there anything comparable on Ring?

Thanks!

Hey neighbors, the Ring Alarm Quick Exit feature allows you to open a door without disarming or setting off your Alarm. This feature is available with 2nd Gen Contact Sensors and a Ring Alarm or Ring Alarm Pro Base Station. After configuring the Quick Exit feature in the Ring app, you can press the button on your Contact Sensor to utilize it. The light on the Contact Sensor will blink green, indicating you have 30 seconds to open the door. The system will reset to fully armed after the door is closed. For more information on how to configure this feature, check out this Help Center article. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.