How to disable siren and monitoring center while in Home mode

Setting up a new Ring system, I wish to use this for monitoring motion within home, but not for intrusion detection! Basicly, this will be used for monitoring the activity of an elderly person (awake, in office, on porch, in bed, other…). No need for siren or monitoring center action. I simply want to recieve alerts of motion in various rooms to determine that person is active. Multiple motion sensors to be placed around living space.

1 Like

Easy.

1. Just be sure to set the alarm to self-monitoring. Do this just in case.

2. Never set the alarm. Just set the sensors to alert as you wish.

3 Likes

Hello - can someone please explain this part of the accepted answer: “Never set the alarm.”

In Home Mode, I would like to get an alert on my phone when a motion detector senses motion, but I do not want the alarm siren to go off.

Thanks

1 Like

@Billrp wrote:

Hello - can someone please explain this part of the accepted answer: “Never set the alarm.” In Home Mode, I would like to get an alert on my phone when a motion detector senses motion, but I do not want the alarm siren to go off. Thanks

Of the three Alarm Modes, Disarmed, Home, and Away, both the Home and Away Modes are designed to sound an alarm. But if all you are looking for is to receive a text-type Notification Alert ‘push’ and/or an Alert-Sound to your smart-phone, you can do that in Disarmed Mode.

To receive a ‘pushed’ text-notification; from main-menu select “Devices” > select Alarm Base Station > and then select the specific Motion-Detector that you want to monitor. Toggle ON the “Motion Alert” for that device.

To receive an audible sound, select “Chirp Tones” from that same page and pick a Chirp Tone which you’ll hear it on your phone. The same sound choice will also be heard from the Keypad and Alarm Base Station, but you can adjust these volumes; Devices > Alarm Base Station > then select for the base station and/or keypad and select Audio Settings to adjust the volume.

I hope this fits your needs. :slight_smile:

1 Like