Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
O
How to configure a Ring Video doorbell if your smartphone is pre Android 9?
hardwired-video-doorbell
negative-feedback
cs-support
I can't use my smartphone which is Android 8 to configure my new Ring Video doorbell,. I have a Windows PC, laptop, old iPad and a smartphone version Android 8. Anybody got any ideas about how to do this ? Anybody got any ideas how to sue Ring as they did not state the pre-requisite for Android 9 or above ? I've worked in IT since 1971 and the industry now appears to not be capable of thinking things through !! If you can help, please let me know what to do.

06-09-2023 04:03:26

Responses (2)

C
Hi @olivercahn. At this time, the Ring app requires Android 9 or higher and iOS 15 or higher. If your operating system doesn't meet these requirements, you will experience issues with the Ring app or be unable to install it. We have additional information regarding mobile device compatibility [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/4812209807124-Mobile-Device-Compatibility-and-the-Ring-App). Ring devices cannot be set up on Ring.com, so you will need a compatible mobile device to use the Ring app with.

08-09-2023 08:27:04

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

08-10-2023 08:27:50

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User