How Hot should Powered Spotlight Cam Run?

I have purchased 4 Ring Powered Spotlight Cams and have setup two of them and notice the operating temperature of the device when idle (ie. no spotlight on or camera running) is 49 deg. celsius or 120 deg. Fahrenheit.
The specifications of the device say it should be operating within an environment of -20.5 to 48.5 deg C so I am wondering if there is something amiss with the device given it is operating above the recommended environmental temperature.

Thanks,

Further to my initial post, I have measured the temperature of a new connected Powered Spotlight Cam before it is configured. ie. It is plugged in and awaiting to go through the setup process.
The temperature measures 10 deg c below (38 deg celsius) the temperature of a configured device but as soon as I configure it the temperature rises to 49 deg. celsius.

Hi @user10475. The temperatures listed under the operating conditions refer to the environmental temperature that the Spotlight Cam is located in, not its internal operating temperature. For example, you wouldn’t want to have your Spotlight Cam in an environment with temperatures measuring over 120°F, as the extreme weather conditions could negatively impact your device. I hope this helps clear things up! :slight_smile:

Thanks, are you also able to confirm that the 49 deg (120 deg) operating temperature of the device is normal ?

@user10475 I don’t have an exact internal operating temperature that the Spotlight Cam should be at. If you have any safety concerns regarding your device’s temperature, don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team so they can take a look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.