How do you re-order Ring camera views in Windows 10 App Dashboard?

I have 10 Ring Cameras. On the Dashboard view, each ring camera seems to be in a random order. The first camera view is of the back of the house. After that are 8 other camera views in random order and the last camera view is my Front Door. I need for my Front Door to be the first camera view in the list.

How can I reorganize my cameras in an order that makes sense to me?

Hi @dmj. At this time, there isn’t a way to rearrange the Camera previews in the Windows 10 App Dashboard as they are arranged in alphabetical order. However, that is a great suggestion! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the feedback/guidance. I did have a follow-up question. Are you sure the previews are sorted alphabetically by name? I’m not experiencing that in my dashboard. The order seems completely random. Or am I looking at the wrong field being used as the sort critieria. I assumed you were refering to the name of the camera. Is that right? If it is, the version (2.5.8) of the app I’m using isn’t working that way. If there is another field that the app is basing it’s sort order on, please let me know what it is.

Thanx!

@dmj You’re welcome! While it is alphabetical, it is also going to be grouped based on the type of device, for example, Cameras and Doorbells will be grouped separately. I hope that helps clear things up.

After seeing all of the feedback (and it was informative, especially about types beging grouped together), I numbered my camera designatioins (ie, 1-Driveway, 2-Back Yard, etc) and they lined up in that order.