How do I wire Video Doorbell (1st gen)?

I have a few questions on wiring my ring video doorbell 1st gen.

1. I have a Byron 776 and was wanting the mechanical chime to work. I was told (by phone support) this wouldn’t work but just realised it’s showing on ring’s compatibility list as a tested and working chime. So can I get the chime to work?

2. When wiring where does the jumper cable go. Again I was told to fit the jumper cable to the same terminals as where my bell wire goes but it doesn’t work. I had to remove the jumper cable to get power to the doorbell

3. My jumper cable has a little resistor on it, is this correct? That’s what came in the box.

1. When wiring a 3 pin plug what amp fuse needs to be in the plug?

Hi @zir786. Yes, the Byron 776 is a compatible chime kit for the Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen). However, the only Doorbell that uses a Jumper Cable would be the Doorbell Wired, so I would suggest taking this out of the circuit. I hope this information is helpful!

1 Like

Tom, I also have a Doorbell Wired and Byron 776 but the Byron chime does not work despite being “Compatible”. Please advise.

Hi @AF9706. The Byron 776 is compatible for the Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen), which is not the same as the Video Doorbell Wired. As stated on the product page, the Video Doorbell Wired does not sound your existing doorbell chime. To hear audio alerts in your home, you can pair it with a Ring Chime or a compatible Alexa device. I hope this helps clear things up. :slight_smile:

You need to disconnect the jumper cable from terminal 2 and put it into terminal 3. Then you should be good. The best next step, but electrically not required is to disconnect both wires from 0 and connect together using the wago connector supplied.