How do I turn the installed The Ring unit off?

(I’ll add that the lack of email support contact is deplorable.)

Hey @moses! What feature are you looking to disable? Most options to disable alerts, motion events, or recordings, can be found within the Ring app. Feel free to clarify further for a more precise answer. :slight_smile:

If you are needing support at anytime, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

For religious reasons, it is desirable to turn the unit OFF, periodically. Where is the OFF switch?

Thank you for the quick response @moses! As we value your privacy and security, there are privacy settings available in the Ring app. From your Video Doorbell’s device page in the Ring app, select Device Settings and then Privacy Settings. There will be an option to disable audio streaming and recording, as well as draw privacy zones.

There is also a Motion Record toggle for your Doorbell, which will allow you to disable recording for motion events. Physical button pushes (rings) or live view attempts will still be possible, but the privacy zones can help with this. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

As I understand it, the device itself is still functioning. Is there a way to power down the device?

Good question, @moses! Our devices require sufficient wifi resources to operate, as well as it’s intended power source (battery/ wired). The best way to disconnect your Video Doorbell will be to remove the quick release battery (for models that use this battery), or switching power off, and then reintroduce power when use is desired. If you are looking for a more remote solution, you can access your network settings to temporarily block resources to this Ring device on your router. As for an option in the Ring app, there is a remove device option, however, this will require you to setup the Doorbell again and can result in saved videos being deleted. I recommend not using this method, as it sounds like you might be doing this multiple times.

“or switching power off” - that would be enough. How do I do that?

The switching power off option is in reference to a Video Doorbell that is wired, such as the Ring Pro. The Ring Pro utilizes AC voltage to operate, thus removing power would best be done by switching it off. For the battery powered models, powering off can only be obtained through removing the battery (if removable).

While there are many privacy options available in the Ring app, there is not a feature to disable power or connection, other than removing the device through the device settings.

As we value our neighbors’ experiences, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add any feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile: