How do I turn off motion detector?

How do I turn off motion detector?

Pleae , instruct me toturn off motion detector. Thank you!

Good question @Helenev! You can exclude the Motion Detector from modes by either visiting the Motion Detector settings, or the Mode settings in the main Ring app Menu. Once in Modes settings, you’ll see a toggle for what sensors you would like to include.

If you are not wanting to use the Motion Detector at all, visit the advanced options of your Alarm system and “remove a zwave device” through there. This will remove the Motion Detector from your setup. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

The response by Marley_Ring Commmunity Manager appears to be made before the latest version update, which I DO NOT LIKE as it changed the way to edit the motion zones. I could previously could reduce the motion sensitivity for any of my 3 zones or totally shut off my alarm in all zones. Now I CANNOT reduce the motion sensitivity for any of my 3 zones or totally shut off my alarm in all zones. I can set the sensitivity to minimum and still get an alarm for every person on the sideway and every vehicle going past my house. It’s very frustrating.

Hey @gssulte7. Is this a Motion Detector for the Ring Alarm system? It sounds like you are describing the Motion Detector for a Doorbell or Camera, which is completely different than the Motion Detector that is at the center of this post. If this is for a Doorbell or Camera, I would try posting your concern in the board that matches the product you have so the Ring Community can better address your concern. :smiley:

I went to devices to turn off the motion detector and motion is not listed

Where do I find the place to ask my question re motion detector on my ring doorbell?

Hi @JoTrust1. You can ask questions about the Ring Video Doorbell in the Doorbells Board.