How do I turn off Alexa saying “Someone is at the front door” from Echo? I just want the doorbell sound, not Alexa speaking afterwards.
Good question, @emem! This can be done by editing the routine, or creating one with a different sound selected. You’ll notice our help center article lists the process for creating a routine with Alexa and Ring is as follows:
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device
- Tap More in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Select Routines from the menu.
- Tap the plus sign to Create Routine
- A screen titled New Routine will appear.
- Tap on and Routine Name and name your routine.**
- Tap on When This Happens and tap Smart Home, select your Ring device you are creating the routine for.
- Select which capability you’d like to set up.
- Select Add action , and then choose which action it completes.
- To receive a push notification when motion or contact sensor is triggered, select Send notification .
- Under From , select which Alexa device controls the Routine.
- Tap Create .
As shared by other neighbors in the past, Creating a similar routine and adding an “Action” of “Sound”, and choosing the sound, might accomplish what you are looking for. Feel free to let us know how this goes!