How do I stop this Ring camera fogging up?

This is a brand new camera and it renders them pretty useless if they fog up like this! How can this be stopped? It’s ridiculous that they do this and have been for a while now and yet Ring hasn’t come up with a solution to stop it happening!

Hi @JamesE. Is there condensation on the camera lens, causing this foggy/blurry appearance? Some neighbors on the community have reported success with using products like Rain-X to prevent the build up of moisture on the camera lens. If the issue persists, or your camera sustains any water damage, please follow up with our support team for further assistance.

Hi, the camera lenses fog up in certain weather. How have Ring not addressed this issue yet? This particular camera is a brand new camera. Rain X barely works. It shouldn’t be up to other Ring customers to sort this issue out, Ring should be looking into the design and sorting this issue out. It happens way too often which renders the reliability of a security camera as poor. Please look into this!

Here is this mornings images and it’s been blurred and fogged up all night! One of these cameras is brand new. They’ve captured nothing because they’re completely fogged up with condensation.

This is not good enough, it renders Rings camera devices useless and they don’t provide a stable security system all of the time. There is no warning that cameras can fog up prior to buying the devices and Ring have been aware of this issue for a long time now as multiple other customers have mentioned it, and Ring have chosen to ignore the problem.

What are Ring going to do about this?

IMG_4435
IMG_4434

What are Ring going to do about this?

As problematic as Ring cams can be at times, lens fogging will occur with any battery powered camera (Ring or otherwise) and is not really a Ring issue to fix. It’s unfortunate, but it’s a trade off for the convience of not having to run power.

I’ve had this occur over the years with various cameras including some Ring 3rd Gen Stickup cams. It’s frustrating as hell but your only true fix is to hardwire it. RainX helped… lens anti-fog spray helped… nothing really prevented it though. I finally got frustrated enough to run power to the cameras and so very glad I did.

One is hard wired. What difference does hard or battery make to fogging? I’ve had some other battery and hardwired cams and never had this problem before.

Surely Ring can come up with an anti fog solution.