How do I stop Ring doorbell going blue when I am using live view please?

Hi,

I am sure i’m not the only person to immensely dislike unwelcome guests turning up unannounced. Sometimes, you just want to monitor them and avoid them. But, it aggravates the situation when they know that you are watching.

I looked at this the other day and both of my Ring Doorbells, on different wifi networks if it matters, go blue when someone has the live view in the app on making it a bit useless.

I don’t like going to the door as it lets people know that you are home, squeeky floorboards etc.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Beanie.

Hi @poundawebsite. There is no option to disable the blue light on your Ring Doorbell or Camera. Other neighbors have expressed their desire for this feature, and they’ve added it to our Feature Request board here. Feel free to add your feedback to that thread and upvote it as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I do not want the blue light to come on neither. I want to record the intruder and not let he, she or it know they are being recorded. If I place a piece of electrical tape over this area will it stop the camera from sensing motion. Please advise ASAP.

1 Like

Hi @nvrpc1. As mentioned in the marked solution for this post, there is not an option to disable the blue light.

So if I put a piece of black electrical tape in this area to cover the blue light will it interfere with motion detection or IR lighting

Hi @nvrpc1. That is going to depend on how the piece of tape is placed and the size of the piece of tape. If this is the route you are going to go, I suggest testing your device after you have placed the tape so you can ensure you haven’t lost functionality.

Are there any plans to have the options for the blue light to NOT be on when using live view? I’ve ready all comments on here through November but I wanted to see if anything has changed.

You have offered no solution and directed users to a two year old thread that is obviously being ignored by the company.

Is there a way to escalate that thread so someone at the company looks at it rather than it being ignored, I’m happy to do it and point out how old the request is just need some direction on where it needs to go to

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.