How do I set up the keypad

I haven’t found any instructions on how to set up the keypad with a four digit code. Some videos on how to use once this is set up, but nothing about setting it up.

And what is the difference between using the app or the keypad?

@Solaris wrote:

I haven’t found any instructions on how to set up the keypad with a four digit code. Some videos on how to use once this is set up, but nothing about setting it up.

And what is the difference between using the app or the keypad?

@Solaris ,

The keypad is the device to Input your four-digit Access Code that you created using your App. The keypad is not the place where you create or set-up your code. That you do in the App.

Use your Ring App to set-up your Base Station first. Once the Base Station is set up, you must attach your alarm devices to the Base Station - starting with the Keypad. To add your Keypad to your Base Station, simply plug in your keypad and it will automatically add itself to the Base Station. Once your Keypad is set up, you will be prompted to create a four-digit Owner’s Access Code, using your App.

Later, if you ever want to change or Reset your Access Code:

• In the Ring app, open the menu.
  • Make sure you’re on the right Location, then tap Location Settings.
  • Tap Users.
  • Tap the User that you would like to change.
  • Tap Personal Access Code.
  • Enter a four-digit code, then re-enter the code.
  • Tap Save.

For the Ring Alarm System, the difference between using the app or the keypad? Consider the Keypad as an Input Device. Consider the App as both an Input Device AND an app to change/modify settings.

There are many helpful pages of information that can be obtained online using the Support.ring.com website pages:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000299786-Setting-Up-and-Changing-Your-Alarm-Access-Code

1 Like

Never mind I figured it out.