How do I re-establish power to Doorbell 2 after removing chime and access to wires?

We are remodeling our house. Part of that included removing the old chime and the old hole/wires are covered by a cabinet now. I didn’t realize the chime was part of the “circuit” that allowed our Doorbell 2 to get power, I just assumed it was getting it separately from the transformer directly. I can’t get to those wires without drillling a hole in the cabinet which I don’t want to do.

How do I get power to the Doorbell 2 again? Can I use the existing transformer and do I need to locate the wire that went from the doorbell button to the chime and re-route?

I’m assuming that if I’d known this problem before the cabinet install, I couldn’t have just twisted the wires of the chime together and would have had to do whatever you’re going to suggest anyway?

Hi @jake_ring24. To install your Doorbell 2 directly to a low-voltage transformer, you can follow the steps in this Help Center Article here. You will need a resistor, which you can find our website here if you do not have one. Alternatively, you can purchase a new chime kit that is compatible with the Doorbell 2, as outlined here. I hope this information helps! :slight_smile: