How do i get my phone to ring when the doorbell is activated

My phone will vibrate when the doorbell is activated. I have all the settings correct in my phone anyone know how to get my phone to ring when doorbell or motion sensor is activatef

@BilP wrote:
My phone will vibrate when the doorbell is activated. I have all the settings correct in my phone anyone know how to get my phone to ring when doorbell or motion sensor is active.

Hello @BilP ,

It is likely that your phone vibrates as a result of receiving the “Notification”, the text-type message that is ‘pushed’ to your phone via the Ring App. The Notifications are controlled on you Ring App by the “Motion Alert” toggle. and “Ring Alert” toggles.

• Main Menu (the 3 horizontal line icon, upper-left-corner of your dashboard) > select “Devices” > select your doorbell > insure “Motion Alert” (motion at your front door) and the “Ring Alert” (someone pushes the doorbell button) are both toggled (swipe-right) blue enabled. These settings send those text-type message alerts to your phone and probably cause the phone to vibrate (due to your current phone setting for text messages).

To hear sounds of when there is motion or when someone pushes the button (to hear the Ring “Ding-Dong”, those are “App Alert Tones” that control that.

• While on the same Ring App page where the Ring & Motion Alert toggles are: then > scroll down and tap the tile-button labeled “Device Settings” (the Gear icon) > Alert Settings > App Alert Tones > now pick among the sound choices and adjust the volume for both"Rings" (at the top of the page, for button presses) and then select “Motions” (for when your doorbell detects movement).

Also double-check your phone’s settings for Sounds and Notifications volumes are enabled with the volume up, including your Media volume control and “Do Not Disturb” phone settings. You might also need to double-check your phone’s Application Manager to ensure you’ve granted permission and allowed the Ring App to do notifications.

I hope this helps and you start hearing your alerts on your phone’s Ring App. :slight_smile: