How do I answer my Ring Video Doorbell 3?

Hello,

I installed my Ring Video Doorbell 3 a week ago. I’m still trying to figure out how to answer my ring doorbell when someone presses the button or activates the motion sensor. How do you do that?

When I have an incoming call on my phone, a screen pops up with caller id and asks if I want to accept or decline the call. Nothing close to this happens for the Ring. Did I miss something in the setup?

How do I answer my Ring Video Doorbell 3?

Thanks,

Walter in Davie, FL

If you go to “Live View” there is a microphone and speaker icon.

Tap microphone icon to speak.

I was away when a company dropped by to render a service.

We were able to easily communicate.

1 Like

Hello Rodney,

Thanks for your help! That does work but in my opinion, it is a very awkward procedure to answer the doorbell. I have to:

1. Unlock my phone,
  2. Start Ring app,
  3. Activate and wait for Live View to start, and finally,
  4. Turn on speaker & microphone to talk to whoever is at the door.

Ring needs to update its software so we can answer the doorbell as easily as we answer an incoming call on our phone.

Thanks

Walter in Davie, FL

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Takes too long to answer the door. Too many steps.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing with the Community, neighbors! At this time, answering your notifications via the Ring app can be done in a few quick steps. If you have your notifications optimized and set to display a banner alert, you may tap this banner to visit the Ring app. Upon reaching the app, the initiating event should display video. From there, clicking the green “answer” button will initiate two way audio as well.

There is also the Rapid Ring app, which is designed to provide quick access to video or live view.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

Re: How do I answer my Ring Video Doorbell 3?