How can our Ring doorbell capture us coming in the house and stop just recording people walking past?

Keeps missing us walking into the house but picking up people walking past with no problem. Performance is very poor.

Hi @jammyjim43. Finding the motion detection settings that work best for you and your home may require some trial and error. We have a guide on how to optimize the motion detection that you can find here, which will help go over some of the settings as well as different angling or positioning of your Ring Doorbell. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We had this issue for awhile. You have to just do some trial and error with setting up your motion boundaries. We have ours set from as far down as the ring doorbell can see but only have it go up to the sidewalk. I’ve had good luck with that! It doesn’t see the cars driving by but it sees people walking up to our door. Good luck! :red_car: :biking_woman: :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

If I have my motion set for people only how can I go back and check for cars?

Hi @user33593. If you have Smart Alerts on and only have “Person” enabled, then your Doorbell is going to try to avoid recording vehicles. I suggest going back to your Smart Alert Settings and toggling on the recording option for “other” motion. This will allow your Doorbell to record any other motion besides people but not alert you for it, so you could go back and review your recordings to see what other motions it recorded. I hope this helps!