How am I getting chirping sometimes when person on motion sensor

I have a Ring 2nd generation video doorbell

Last week it was chirping when it detected motion, so peopl going next door could hear it, even though I had that area in a privacy zone. I played around with the settings on my app, and it stopped, no idea how as I couldn’t even see chirps as an option. Yesterday and today, had people pushing leaflets through the door and it’s chirping again. I have it set up to alert me but I don’t want the chirping. I cannot see how to stop it.

Hi @ffiscool. Would you be able to share a video example of this chirping sound that you’re hearing? When attaching this video, you will need to first gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring App and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. I’d be happy to offer some helpful suggestions once I get a better idea of what you’re experiencing.

hi, sorry, it seemed to have gone now, but I am returning the doorbell anyway to Amazon as it has completely stopped being able to do a live view, in fact shows no camera function. Getting another, so fingers crossed, that works…

1 Like

I am having the same issue attached link to the videos.

Enclosed Video link which is flashing in the beginning with a chirping sound.

This has happened twice yesterday and today.

Please let me know why this is happening and what needs to be done.

Using Ring doorbell pro2

When playing back the video example, there was no audible chirp. There is some audio during initiation of the video and microphone, as well as when the lights turn on and the lens adjusts, but no chirping sound. If this continues to happen, our support team will be happy to take a closer look for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.