Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
User Solution
Closed
Horrible Extended Warranty/ Don't Bother Trying to Reconnect a Device
hardwired-video-doorbell
connectivity
battery-video-doorbell
cs-support

My ring doorbell recently stopped working and said it was disconnected. My husband tried several times to reconnect the camera but it wouldn’t work. He finally completely removed it to just re-add it back to the system. The app never said to not to try doing this and it was very easy except the door bell still wouldn’t reconnect. After calling customer service because the camera was under the extended warranty we were told because we tried to remove and reconnect the device it was no longer covered. Even support could see that the camera stopped working and said they had 2 pages of data showing us trying to reconnect the camera and if the camera would reconnect then it would be covered under warranty…how does that make sense!? They gave us a discount code to buy a new one and sent us on our way!!!
Two weeks prior to this I added these cameras to my business. Now I have to return them. I can’t advertise for a company with such horrible customer service. If I did that I’d be out of business. There’s too many other security companies that would want my business!

20-12-2023 05:18:18

Responses (3)

M

Sorry to hear about your experience! Their handling of that doesn’t make much sense…

Ring support has changed a lot over the years–not for the better since the Amazon takeover, unfortunately. A year or so ago, I had to call several times until I spoke with a CS representative who finally agreed to replace my video doorbell after some time on the phone. I’ve been paying for extended warranty for quite some time now . They changed the terms of it a few years ago, after saying that it would never change when I first started paying for it back around when they first started offering it.

21-12-2023 06:58:15

U

The same exact thing happened to us. Our ring doorbell camera was knocked of the system and the device started doing the spinning white light…. When we contacted CS and informed them that the device is not connecting to WiFi, CS stated that the device is not getting enough power. Prior to the stoppage, the device worked perfectly fine for more than two years… when my husband informed CS that he took the device off being hardwired, the response was instantaneous… CS said we had just voided the warranty, by taking the device off being mounted…My husband immediately became irate and as it was so obvious that “Jerry” the CS had some quota he had to meet with regard to voiding warranty. RING… you guys have to do better!!!

01-03-2024 11:05:58

T

Hi @user78193. Sorry that you are having this experience. Removing a Ring Doorbell from it’s mounted location will not void the warranty. For assistance in getting to the bottom of this, please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

05-03-2024 01:56:28

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

04-04-2024 01:56:49

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User