Hooking up a transformer

How do you hook up a Video Doorbell 3 directly to a transformer? Wiring diagram please.

Hey @Joefo. Installing your Ring Video Doorbell 3 to a transformer should be pretty simple. Where we don’t have a wiring diagram for your device, you can find steps outlined here in this Help Center Article here. If you’re uncomfortable with wiring your device, we encourage our neighbors to contact a licensed electrician.

Have have the same issue, can I just use the Ring plug in adapter?

Hey @Jonlyons, happy to chime in for Cooper here! The Plug-In Adapter you see listed on our website is designed to be used with the Doorbell Pro. As such, we don’t recommend attempting to use it with the Doorbell 3. If you need assistance with wiring your Doorbell 3 directly to a transformer, we’d advise contacting a licensed electrician.

Do you need to put in the resistor or can you hook it up directly to the transformer?

@Joefo A resistor is not required to wire the Doorbell 3 directly to the transformer. I would recommend referencing the Help Center Article that Cooper shared as this will provide a bit more detail on wiring the Doorbell 3 to a transformer. :slight_smile:

I’ve hooked up my transformer with the resistor to my existing Ring Doorbell, but the battery is not being charged? What else could be wrong?

Hey @MVargas010. For additional assistance with your specific concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.