Hooked up ring, old doorbell doesn’t ding anymore

i bought a ring, installed it like it shows to my old fashioned doorbell. Now the old fashioned doorbell is just a wall ornament. It does nothing. Is this supposed to be like this or should it still ding dong when ring button pressed??

Hi @RollaJedi. What model of Doorbell do you have? It’s possible that your chime kit isn’t compatible with your model of Doorbell, which is why it is not ringing when the button is pressed. You can check which model of Doorbell you have by looking at the packaging, the back of the Doorbell itself, or under Device Details on the Device Health page in the Ring App.

I have one I got from Home Depot. It’s a Hampton Bay wired doorbell model HB-2748-03

The type of Ring I have is the Ring Video Doorbell Wired.

@RollaJedi Thanks for clarifying which model of Doorbell you have. As referenced on the Doorbell Wired product page, the Doorbell Wired does not sound your existing doorbell chime. To hear audio alerts in your home, pair with a Ring Chime or compatible Alexa device. I hope that helps clear things up for you! :slight_smile: