High Pitched Noise, Whine, and Static when using Live View

We bought the 3 pack security stick up cams recently from Costco.

We have a ring doorbell from Costco.

We have a 3 ring outdoor cams with security lights.

We have a wireless mesh network using all EERO Pros.

The ISP is a 1gig fiber line.

The Ring Devices all have an RSSI strength between -21 and -53.

Some of our devices are now exhibiting static noises when in live view that can be heard coming from the camera. The live view could be on mute, and the loud noises still occur.

Here is an example of a stick up came with the high pitched noise.

https://site.ring.com/share/fffc411c-c966-429e-a1ff-ced3eca05dee

Here is another example of the static. This is of our ring doorbell but we also get this static on the other cameras as well.

https://site.ring.com/share/3ba68db7-2b5a-4ed3-a886-099b996e43f3

Please help as this is unusable, freaks out our dogs, and we are on the verge of returning them all.

Hi @rictersmith. For the devices exhibiting this noise, I’d recommend performing a reset and a new setup to ensure everything is working smoothly. To reset your Ring devices, you’ll need to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s done, take the device through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If that doesn’t resolve this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I will give this a try, most of these devices have come straight from the store, to being setup, and straight away having these issues.

I have the exact same issue and the noise is excruciating loud and high-pitched regardless of which device I pull up the live view up on

Exactly the same issue here. Ring sent me a new device, after 4 days, I’m experiencing the same noise again with the new doorbell.

Any fixes on this issue?

Hi @Svenbcn007. Since you’ve already received a replacement device and this concern is still occurring, I would urge you to follow up with our support team so they can take a closer look and see what is causing this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here and let them know you’ve already received a replacement device for this concern. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

These actions ever work? There are a lot of complaints about noise but nothing seams to be fixed, this is not dependable when needed. It will be such bad audio it will be unusable, you cannot imagine how frustrating this is

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.