High pitched noice from Ring Elite audio in app

Hello, I had a Ring Elite installed along with some other low voltage stuff in my house yesterday and of course it wasnt until after the tech left I noticed anytime I turn on the audio from the doorbell that i hear a high pitched noise. I saw other people had this issue and it was suggested to them to do the setup again so I did that and it didn’t help. I attached a short clip in which you can hear it. Anyone have any solutions?

Hi @iTand. You can try rebooting the Video Doorbell Elite from the Ring app to see if it stops making that high-pitched noise. We also have this Help Center article here that covers additional steps to look into for audio concerns. If you try these steps and the concern persists, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Yep I got the same problem with one of my cams.
Had to borrow a ladder to do a ‘hard reset’. Worked initially but after a couple of weeks same high pitch noise returned :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Rebooting from the ring app doesn’t work either. There’s obviously a fault that Ring are not telling us