High Pitch Sound on Stick Up Cam

Hello everyone. I am getting a high pitch sound off of my outdoor stick up camera during every recent recording and during live view. Cannot hear any other audio or communicate 2-way. It’s just a steady high hz sound like an old fax or modem (I’m aging myself a bit there)

Has anyone else experienced this or have thoughts on troubleshooting? Appreicated.

4 Likes

Hey @dgriff79. Do you mind showing us an example video of this, so we know what sound you are referring to? Are there any devices around that could be causing interference like this? You can also check out our Help Center Article here for more information on how to fix poor audio quality.

Thank you for the reply. Please see attached video. There are no new devices nearby that could be interfering, that I am aware of. Any help or advice is appreciated.

https://vimeo.com/manage/425244959/general

@dgriff79 Oops, I tried to go to the link, but it looks like it’s a URL created within your account and I do not have access to it. Looks to be a managing URL, which may have been taken from your URL bar, and not a share link that Vimeo’s services should be able to provide you. Check out their help article here on how to share that link with me from them!

My mistake. Please try this one: https://vimeo.com/425244959

@dgriff79 Thank you for that link! One quick question to confirm - is this for a Stick Up Cam 3rd Generation, or an Elite? Let me know what your RSSI is for this device, and how it’s powered/what version of Stick Up Cam it is!

RSSI is -65. Hard wired. Gen 3 Stick Up. Thanks again!

Hey @dgriff79. Thank you so much for confirming that. After taking a look over this with my teams, it looks like the static may be coming from a poor audio quality connection, which may be due to having the high RSSI. Before we dive into the network connection potentially being the concern here, could you try the following?:

• Reset the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds
  • After the reset, go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Stick Up Cam > Device Health and tap on Reconnect or Change Wifi Network. This will take you through another setup of your device. Once set up again, monitor the videos for the next 24 hours to see if that sound is still there.

In the event the static sound is still there, giving you that poor audio quality, please check out our Help Center Article here for more information on how to address this poor audio quality. Let me know how things go, or if you’re still having troubles after the fact! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am getting the same high pitch sound, there is no sound in the garage where the camera is mounted. There is a Rachio sprinkler controller within 10 feet of the camera

1 Like

So this has happened more than once now for me. Typically after a power outage. After a full restart/unplugging it has resolved the issue for me. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

This happens frequently for me. Same high pitched ring. Unplugging the camera and plugging it back in resolves it temporarily, but then it returns again after some time. This happens with multiple cameras I have and it is very frustrating. Not all my camera plugs are easily accessible. A permanent solution would be appreciated.

2 Likes