Tried calling help line. Very difficult to get clear answers unfortunately. Someone suggested community would be better option for assistance if this is ok.
Looking to purchase a Ring doorbell plus a possible second (outdoor security) camera at another location.
Doorbell will be hardwired. Security camera may be solar powered
Few questions if ok…
If I am wanting to hardwire doorbell, and without buying additional parts and ending up spending more for the same functions as the battery ones:
• do I look only at the ‘wired’ doorbell options?
• What other parts do I require for the hardwiring (ie. do I require a Plug-In Adapter, separately sold cables, etc)?
• The Chime is only for the doorbell to be heard inside house (if not using your phone)?
• For the outdoor camera, has anyone used the solar spotlights (and gutter mount)? Is the solar power reliable enough to power camera and spotlight?
• And for the plans, if I want to see and store from both cameras, I then need to pay three times the price of a basic (for one camera) at $15 per month?