Help Wiring Ring Doorbell Pro 2 with existing transformer but NO Chime

We are doing a major reno and after telling my electrician we were getting wifi doorbells, he only roughed in the low voltage doorbell wire from the doorbell to the transformer and assumed we didn’t need a mechanical chime so he never installed/hardwired one.

Is it possible to wire the Ring Doorbell Pro 2 with it only being wired to the transformer without needing a mechanical chime? Do we need the Pro Powerkit V3 at all? We are ok using Alexa devices as our chimes.

Hi @nugsy3. Yes, you can find the answer to your question in a similar thread here. Since you do not have a chime kit, you would be following the process marked in that solution to essentially bypass the chime that isn’t there and ensure the circuit is completed. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn, I don’t think this answers the question. The link you posted to that thread discusses directly wiring the pro 2 to the transformer but in the same sentence mentions bypassing the chime. The question on this thread is asking if the pro 2 can be wired directly to the transformer without a chime. The language in the link you posted is somewhat ambiguous as to whether or not that’s possible. I’m curious as to what’s recommended here as I also do not have an existing chime. I would like to wire the pro 2 directly to the transformer purchased through ring. Are there special steps to take to do this?

Hi @Amicone. I have responded to you in this thread.