Help! I’m done with Ring Products and their lousy support

I have a certified refurbed floodlight cam who’s light cycles on all the time even when turned off.

and have tried three times to get the proper security screws and driver for a refurbed doornell Pro that shipped with wrong screws and driver. Two sessions with Customer support and a order from the accessory store brough either nothing or again the wrong product. What a mess.

Hi @Twl. This is not the experience we want you have here at Ring. We have a list of spare parts for your Ring Pro here. Is your Floodlight Cam wired to a dimmer switch? This can cause issues with the function of the lights. How long have you owned this Floodlight cam? If you’ve done all the required troubleshooting, and your device is in warranty, you are eligible for a replacement device. If you contact support, they will be able to assist with this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Already ordered the spare parts kit for Doorbell Pro and it contained everything listed on the sheet when it arrived except security screws (more fine quality control at Ring) this was after two telephone sessions with “Customer Service” assuring me free parts were on the way. I need a matching driver and security screw for Doorbell Pro, simple as that.

Now on to the “refurbed” floodlight cam, unit works as designed except for randomly turning on the light at night, without notification. Not on a dimmer circuit, or any other load on that circuit. Have read of other random light activation troubles by Ring customers and presume it’s a design flaw the Brain Trust is scratching their head on. How much of a warranty is on a refurbed unit?

Update, security screw driver arrived but with wrongs security screws. Turns out original screws with refurbed unit were correct but not the driver to install. Problem off list.

Now on to my next Ring frustration. Floodlight cam turns on lights at random times at night wirh no motion being sensed. Nothing else on circuit, no dimmer. It was a refurbed unit. Likely out of it’s 10 minute warranty. How to fix?

Can you tell if it’s had chronic problems with this MAC address?

Hi @Twl. In this case it may be best for you to reach out to our support team directly, as this a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum rather than a direct line to support. You can find their contact information in my previous post.