Ring Protect Plan

Browse posts, comment, and join the conversation about Ring Protect Basic, Plus, Pro, and more.
U
Help calling the police in case of emergency
alarm
cs-support
ring-protect-plans
I live in Spain and as far as I understand, the protect plans won't include Ring calling the police in case of emergency. So if I am travelling abroad and see a burglary on my cameras, or if a burglary happens during a flight etc when I have no internet access, how will the protect-plan actually help me? Seems like I am left on my own when choose to go for a Ring-system in Europe? And It's very difficult to reach the police from abroad unless its during office-hours. How do Ring protect me then? Maybe I should have gone with a local security company instead?

28-11-2023 12:44:26

Responses (4)

T
Hi @user68716. The only device that can contact emergency responders is the Ring Alarm System for the US. The Ring devices send alerts to your phone, where you can Live View what is happening and, if needed, contact the police. I hope this clears up any confusion.

29-11-2023 05:29:35

U
Hi Unfortunately, it doesn't. How is this system suppose to replace a conventional system if it can't handle an emergency? What good will this do if I'm out of celluar range, for example on a flight somewhere? It doesn't really protect me 24/7 unless you add this feature. Or maybe add a function to temporary share your system with a trusted person (but not adding the person to the system permanently). Try to think out of the box, otherwise, this system won't protect you as good as you want us to believe.

01-12-2023 09:42:35

C
Hi @user68716. Apologies for any confusion here. Since you are located in Spain, you will have access to [Assisted Monitoring](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360032116171), which will call your emergency contacts, but not emergency services directly. You can have up to three emergency contacts, so I'd suggest adding two trusted friends or family members who can help respond in the case of an emergency. Emergency contacts do not have access to your system the way a [Shared User](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/211018223-Adding-a-Shared-User-to-your-Ring-account) would. Local laws and regulations vary between countries and regions, so Professional Monitoring is not available outside of the United States and Canada at this time.

04-12-2023 05:59:00

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

03-01-2024 05:59:44

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User