Help access shared camera

I have been granted access to be able to be a shared user with camera outside my house by my dad I received the email and everything he did his part but when I click the email where he is granting me access I open the app and it still does not let me see the camera what do I do

@Nicolevillavicencio wrote:
I have been granted access to be able to be a shared user with camera outside my house by my dad I received the email and everything he did his part but when I click the email where he is granting me access I open the app and it still does not let me see the camera what do I do

Hi @Nicolevillavicencio ,

There are two things you can easily check, before doing some other fixes.

If you didn’t have a Ring account before, you had to make an Ring account using your email. Anyone, even if you do not own any Ring products can make their own Ring account. And then you log into your Ring App using this email. Since the “Owner” of the Ring camera (your dad) uses his Ring email account to log into his App, he sent you an invite via email. There is a good possibility, when you created your account, that your address you used didn’t exactly match what your dad designated on his account. Check to see that when you want to view his camera that you are looking at the correct address. Also he might have sent you an invite, but not then ‘granted’ you access.

On your App (as the "Shared User):

• Check the top of your App to insure that there are not two location selections available on the your Dashboard (tap on the location that is just right of the 3 horizontal lines)? There is a slight possibility that there can be two or more addresses/locations. If this is indeed the case, select the location that shows dad’s device (address).

On the “Owner” (dad’s) App:

• Double check, on his App (that he logged on his “Owner” email/password) to insure he gave you permission for that camera (of course this is after you made your own Ring account, and clicked the link/‘accepted’ the email invite).
    • Main Menu 3 horizontal bar icon, upper-left-corner of Dashboard) > Control Center > Shared Users > “Manage” for Owner location > click on your name > double check the camera equipment is toggled (swipe right) blue enabled.

• If it is indeed showing that the toggle has “App access granted”, then I recommend your dad go and un-toggle (swipe left), pause, and then re-toggle (swipe right) back enabled. It’s rare, but sometimes a ‘glitch’ somewhere in the App can deny permission even while showing the toggles in the correct position. Cycling the toggle just re-sends the granting-permission again.

Hopefully, one or both of the two things will grant you access to the camera. If not, then I recommend you telephone Ring Support for help and they can look at both your accounts to determine what is causing the issue:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19, their available hours have been changed also:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

:slight_smile: