Help: 40 second blank videos on stickup cam 3rd gen

I’ve got a number of ring cameras on subsciption and have recently added a 3rd gen stickup cam set to Outdoor mode and running on battery.

Camera works quite well capturing movements and on valid recordings the length of the video stops when no further motion is detected so the recorded length varies. But from time to time it will record blank videos that are exactly 40 seconds long. I am not sure what is triggering these recordings and why they are always 40 seconds long. Anyone got any idea on what’s going on?

Settings are as follows:

Customisable motion zones: enabled

Sensitivity: Max

People only mode: Disabled

Video recording length: 60 seconds

Hi @bantay. This is odd. It could be that this Camera is setup as aLinked Device. That means if another Camera detects motion, it could be triggering the 40 second recording. If this is not the cause, I would contact our support team. They will be able to look at your account specific details and determine what the cause is. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :smiley: