Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
B
HB-7612-02 Not ringing inside home with Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2
installation
troubleshooting

Hello, I have recently tried upgrading my indoor chime from a mechanical chime that was supposed to be compatible to a digital chime ( HB-7612-02). I have installed the chime per the instructions with my existing Power Pro Kit V2, and the chime will not make any sound to indicate the doorbell has been rang. I have 17V at the chime even without the Power Pro Kit, but the chime rings constantly if it is not installed. Please help resolve why I cannot get my Ring to sound my indoor chime?

24-01-2024 08:43:13

Responses (3)

T

Hi @bstyves. Have you changed your settings in the Ring app? You can select your Ring Pro 2 > Device Settings > General Settings > Chime Kit selection. Let me know if this helps!

26-01-2024 03:58:07

B

I do not see “Chime Kit Selection” in my menu. Perhaps my doorbell is the original Pro rather than the Pro 2? What is the easiest way to tell?
I do have the chime type set to digital rather than mechanical.

26-01-2024 04:10:58

T

Hi @bstyves. Are you the account owner or a Shared User? What options are you seeing?

29-01-2024 05:36:06

B

I am the account owner. The options I see in the General Settings are:
Device Name
Report Device Stolen
Remove Device

Under my Device Settings menu there is an “IN HOME CHIME SETTINGS” option where I am able to select “Digital” or “Mechanical” which I have set to “Digitial” for the new chime.

29-01-2024 06:23:09

T

Hi @bstyves. My mistake, this setting is actually located above the General Settings menu, just as it is in the pictures below.

Can you confirm the device model you have? This is listed in the Device Health Menu. The options you’ve listed are the same ones you would see with a Doorbell Wired, which is not compatible with any in home chime kit.

30-01-2024 04:05:32

B

Yes, that is exactly what my menus look like and I have set the Chime Type to “Digital” because the HB-7612-02 is a digital chime.
The Product Name under device health is “Video Doorbell Pro”

When searching for compatible chimes it lists the chime as compatible here"

30-01-2024 06:14:38

T

Hi @bstyves. I would suggest following up with our support team so they can look into this a little bit closer. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Let me know what they find!

31-01-2024 05:24:41

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User