Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
S
Having Issue with Splotlight Cam Pro detecting Solar Panel
solar-panel
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras

I have a spotlight cam pro that I just got about a Month ago and a 4W solar panel. I followed all the instruction on installing and connecting everything. I am trying to figure out why in the app the solar status says connected but it is greyed out. My batteries show the sun rays behind them but never shows charging at any time. In fact, over the last week one of my batteries dropped to 3 %. I have a splotlight cam Plus with a Solar panel connected and it shows green connected status and charging symbols on the batteries. Any Ideas? I have replaced booth camera and Solar panel and still have same problem. Getting frustrated. I called ring support got someone in India that extremely hard to understand does not seem to have a technical background. Just someone typing on a computer.

18-01-2024 12:29:15

Responses (1)

C

Hi @sound2nv. Make sure your solar panel is receiving approximately three to four hours of direct sunlight each day. This is necessary for it to provide a trickle charge to your Spotlight Cam Pro’s battery. Indirect sunlight will not work, it must be direct sunlight. Check that there are no dirt or debris covering the panel, and ensure the cable is firmly connected at the panel and the Spotlight Cam.

We have more troubleshooting steps and information on the solar panel here as well. Lastly, you can try a reboot using the reboot option on the Device Health page. If none of these suggestions resolve this issue, it would be best to follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. Your concern may need to be escalated since you have already received a replacement. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

19-01-2024 09:03:04

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User