Have Protect Plus Plan - Monitoring Is Not Set Up

I have the protect plus plan, however, I am noticing a message on the Ring app when I arm my security system that Monitoring Is Not Set Up. I thought monitoring was part of this plan so I am not sure what is going on here. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Are you in an area that requires a permit?

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005071723-Ring-Alarm-System-Permit

1 Like

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Upon reading the text in the link you sent, I notice it says this:

“Once you complete your registration for monitoring, we will email you details about how to obtain a permit where you live.”

When they refer to completing registration for monitoring, what do they mean? Is there some sort of registration form to fill out? As far as I can remember, I went through the process of setting up my account with Ring and then proceeding to sign up for the protect plus plan. I don’t recall any other sort of registration. I also did not receive an email with information on how to obtain a permit, as the article also suggests.

Hey @jclaws. You will need to go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Settings > Monitoring and sign up for the Monitoring here. Although you have a paid for plan, this process needs to be completed, as it collects information for emergency services. If you have any issues signing up during this process, you can also do the same from your settings section on Ring.com. In the event you still cannot finish this process, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.