Hardwired Video Doorbell 3 No Longer Charging Battery or Showing Hardwire Connection

I installed a Ring Doorbell 3 almost two years ago using the wiring for my existing doorbell. I have it ringing a Chime Pro but I did hear the chime box make a very faint electrical buzzing noise when pressing the doorbell before I set up the Chime.

Long story short, I went nearly a year before I was told I needed to charge the battery. After that, however, I have had to charge the battery every couple of months. I checked the Device Settings today and it shows it is running on battery and not the hardwired connection. The wifi connection is good, so that isn’t the problem. Nothing has been done to the doorbell wiring since installing, though I did install a new door and kept the existing wiring.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be?

Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this?
I have the Doorbell 3 Plus and after a year or two of no issues it now won’t show charging, I’ve replaced the plug with another genuine ring transformer but still the issue of no charging.

Hi @GatchP. This post is a year old, so it is unlikely you will receive a response from the original poster. I have responded to your question in the topic you created here, which appears to be about the same concern.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.