Hardwired Security Cam bricked after firmware update

I successfully set up two “hardwired” security floodlight cameras. Immediately after the setup, it updated the firmware. I followed similar steps in setting up 3 ring doorbell pro which also updated firmware without issue on, same day. After the firmware update (takes approx 15 min) the floodlight is permanently on and it will not connect to the wifi.

I have cycled power several times, short pressed on the setup button to try to get it in to set up mode but it will not. Also tried a 30-second hold on the set up button to get it to reset it will not. Restarted my wifi. All these steps did nothing to the unit all the while the floodlights are on and no wifi connection. Looks like the firmware update failed

Any ideas?

Update after speaking to customer service which they had me do all these steps again ultimately why wanted me to wait for 2 hours and attempt it to reconnect. after waiting overnight I powered the units back up and now I am in the same situation. I still have two nonresponsive floodlight camera units. The firmware bricked my units. I’m going to have to push for the replacement

Our floodlight cam went offline and we cannot get it to reconnect. We’ve tried everything-hard reset, unplugging modem, turning power off and back on. We even set up a guest network to try connecting to a strictly 2.4g network but still have a solid green light. Have managed to reconnect all other devices at time’s but not this one. Help!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your concern in great detail, @ccurtiss! It definitely looks like you’ve covered all the steps we recommend to get this to work. When entering setup mode, despite there being a solid green light, the in app setup process should still attempt to complete, and the Ring setup access point should show up during the beginning stage of setup.

If the setup will not complete or initiate as intended, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.