Hardwired doorbell shown as solar connected

Hi, I’m having a doorbell 3 plus and hardwired in-home chime. It used to work well and was able to get charged by it when the battery level drops below 90%. However recently, it’s not showing hardwired but solar connected. Apparently, it’s not being charged now. I try to reset my doorbell but nothing changed. Even if I shut down the in home chime, it’s still showing as solar connected. Could any point me what’s the next? Thanks!

Hi @yi. A reset is definitely a good troubleshooting step to try, as well as a new setup by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Would you mind sharing a screenshot showing where it’s showing the Doorbell 3 Plus is connected to solar power rather than hardwired? I’d like to take a look and see exactly what you’re seeing on your end. :slight_smile:

Hard reset doesn’t fix it actually. What I can tell is the battery was still charging at a super low speed comparing to the normal hardwired state.

I removed the battery for a while and it’s now showing battery. There is another topic recently that many customers saw the same behavior.

Now my battery is above 90% and I will follow up if it will be charged when it drops below 90%. thanks!

1 Like