Hardwired Doorbell 3 plus not charging

We have a doorbell 3 plus, which is hardwired with a genuine ring transformer, and has been for a couple of years.
The last 2 weeks it has been running out of charge and now doesn’t show hardwired at all in the app.
I’ve replaced the transformer with a new ring transformer but still the same?

Any ideas?

How long is warranty on these?

I just have the same problem with the Ring Doorbell 2, but in my case it keep showing hardwiring connection but the battery drain until zero too fast.

Hi neighbors. Hardwiring a battery powered Ring Doorbell will provide it with a trickle charge to help reduce how often you need to manually charge the battery. Various factors affect the battery life, and you may still see the battery drain faster than it can be trickle charged.

The transformer you hardwire your battery powered Doorbell to must be 8-24 VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz to supply sufficient power. It is also important to ensure that the wiring from the transformer to the Doorbell is not damaged or fraying, as this would prevent the Doorbell from receiving any power. If you need help checking the wiring or verifying the voltage, please consult a qualified electrician for assistance.

Should all of the settings and wiring appear to be in order, but your Doorbell is not receiving any charge from the wiring, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.