Hardwired door bell running on battery

I recently hardwired my video door bell 1 sometime it says in the app hardwired and and an hour later says battery what could this mean

Hi @Hatchy. For the case that the Doorbell is bouncing back and forth between hardwired and not, it sounds like the wiring may not be as secure as it needs to be. I reconnected checking the hardwiring to ensure that it is secure and intact without any stripped wired. Additionally, you’ll want to make sure the power source that is being supplied for it is consistent enough to keep it from dropping off and not saying hardwired. Lastly, another Community member in a separate thread recommended using washers to put behind the Doorbell where the terminal connect to help keep the connection stable. Feel free to also give that a try! :slight_smile:

Hi thanks i will try that one more question I’m not using wiring from a door bell I’m using a transformer especially fo ring video door bells do i need to use the resistor that came with the transformer thanks

@Hatchy Check out this Ring Help Center Article here which goes over what all you need to do to have a successful setup of the Ring Video Doorbell directly to a transformer.