Hard-wired Ring Doorbell now shows Battery as power source

I have one of the original Ring Doorbell cams. The battery got so bad it wouldn’t hold a charge even though it’s hardwired so I ordered a replacement battery and just replaced it a couple days ago. I reinstalled it after fully charging the battery.
Today I get an email saying it’s time to recharge the battery. I check, and not only is the new battery nearly dead but it now says the power source is Battery!!! BUT IT’S HARD WIRED!!!
I searched the forums an saw that several others have had this issue but I didn’t see any resolution.
Is there one?

This happened to me. The doorbell transformer burned out and had to be replaced.

Hi @SteveTheEvans. If the transformer in your doorbell circuit burned out, I would highly recommend verifying the power and installation requirements for your Doorbell model. If the Doorbell was not installed properly, or if the transformer is not within the power requirements, this could cause damage to the Doorbell or the transformer itself. If there is any damage to your Doorbell, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.