Hard wire doorbell gen1

Hi, so I’m trying to hard wire my gen one. I’ve got a plug and has the connectors to be screwed on. But this is a gen 1 so they get fitted to the back plate and then the doorbell connects on the plate and should charge. But it doesn’t. Do I need to do anything in settings or remove battery?

The power supply and plug are fine as I tested it with my neighbours gen 2 and chargers it no problem.

I’ve also disconnected and swapped them over still nothing.

Hi @user21848. To clarify, are you trying to utilize a Plug-In Adapter to provide constant power to your Doorbell, or are you wiring your Doorbell to an existing doorbell circuit? Once I have a bit more information, I’d be happy to see what troubleshooting tips and tricks I can provide. :slight_smile:

Same issue here. Doorbell Gen 2. I want to apply 24V AC, but have no backing plate. There are 2 rows of 4 gold pins in back. Does anyone know which pins to use? tx

Hi @user59744. You cannot use any third-party plug-in adapters with any of the Ring Video Doorbells; if you do, we cannot guarantee that it will work correctly and could cause damage to your Doorbell. If you want to use an adapter, you can only use the Ring Plug-In Adapter (2nd Generation). If you are using a transformer that meets the requirements of 8–24 VAC, 40 VA max, 50/60 Hz, then you are ok to use that. This Help Center page will show you how to hardwire the Doorbell 2nd Gen.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.