Halloween Chimes '23

Hey ring very late we need the Halloween chime.

5 Likes

Anyone been able to find these elusive Halloween ring tones? I still have not and my app is up to date!

2 Likes

Halloween is 3 weeks away, where are the chime tones? Why not just make them available all year? Christmas tones should be available all year as well.

5 Likes

I know. It makes no sense. I just think they have neglected this service to us. The independence day chimes are still up 81 days later… Someone is slacking off at Ring. Chimes need to be up all year long.

Chimes!!! Chimes!!! Chimes!!! Chimes!!!

7 Likes

Kind of a rip to be only able to use a holiday sound for two weeks, yet the Independence sounds (JULY FOURTH!) are still up. Smh

I’m not a big holiday person but dang. I know when the major ones are and you’d think that you’d offer holiday rings at LEAST 4-5 weeks prior to the holiday!

6 Likes

I literally uninstalled and reinstalled my app and still those unused July 4th tones are there.

4 Likes

Still waiting on the Halloween chimes. At this rate start working on the Christmas chimes as well.

5 Likes

We need them to work on our ring chime not our phone apps

1 Like

Chime Pro is the biggest waste of time. It’s like Apple, they don’t want you to change thier signature sounds. Sucks not having freedom to customize the things you own

2 Likes

I still have Spring ‘23 listed as a sounds, there is no incentive for them to update. I figure we arent far from having to pay for these tones.

7 Likes

I’m so upset. We start decorating September 1st for Halloween. It’s October 6th and STILL no Halloween ring chimes. My app is up to date and Dracula is answering my door but still no spooky chime for us yet. Get it together Ring team please! Halloween themes should be on my devices 365 days a year! Why is there stupid Independence Day and spring and summer crap on there? Stop taking away our chimes!!

6 Likes

I was able to add the chime to my doorbell notifications, but still when I press the doorbell it plays the standard one. I have 3 linked chimes and last year the Halloween sounds were on those and they still don’t show them as an option?

2 Likes

How is it there is announced a Halloween themed sale on selected products and still no Halloween Chime Tones?

4 Likes

Same. I even tried the app on a different phone just in case it wasn’t updated for my phone type.

This is ridiculous! I don’t understand why they cannot just provide a list of all tones and then let us decide what and when to use those tones. It is purely a control thing. I just spoke to someone in support and they have no idea when it will be made available. I may have to look at a different solution from Ring. Very disappointing.

1 Like

Chances are that this is because the tones are residing on a limited-space storage device on the Chime, and only work if they’re pre-loaded because dynamically-updating tones weren’t part of the original design specifications of the Chime. As a result you’re only getting the holiday chimes during full updates. These are probably tied to development milestones, as well, so they’re delayed, then they’re delayed, and then delayed again.
So…we wait. And there’s really nothing we can do about it. Which sort of sucks. You’d expect they’d plan ahead for this sort of thing.

2 Likes

Came here to find out the same thing. App sounds are available but not for the in-home chime. So annoying!!

It’s really kind of pathetic it’s now October 7 and the holiday tones have not been released. Really has me wondering about keeping the Chime Pro or just returning it. I’m not a fan of being at Ring’s whim every holiday as to when they feel like releasing sounds that should be available year round.

When you select to send a tone to the chime it loads it at that time, that’s why there’s a delay and it says updating chime. There’s no reason it can’t be available in the app all the time to pick from.

3 Likes

Same been checking everday for Halloween sounds!!

2 Likes

Y’all should target the release of this for at least the last week of September. People are already having Halloween parties.

2 Likes