Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
S
Hacked doorbell to delete an event?
battery-video-doorbell
cs-support

I have a Ring doorbell with a Protect Plan. Early Sunday morning, 4th Feb, my car was stolen from my driveway. The police think that the people who took it must have jammed the Wi-Fi, as there are no events on the Ring app.

However, the Ring app is not showing any downtime. Also, when I first opened the app, I got a very brief flash of an event at 05:39, with a car reversing off the driveway (dark, just headlights showing) and then it was gone, and there was no event history since my mum left my house at 22:44 the night before.

Could it be that the thieves hacked the doorbell to remove the events? Someone from Ring told me this wasn’t possible. But I definitely saw something, and I definitely didn’t delete it.

05-02-2024 10:40:43

Responses (1)

C

Hi @SandyJ. I’m sorry to hear about your car, and I hope the police are able to assist with locating it. Only the Owner of the Ring Doorbell can delete videos from the Event History. In this case, that would be you. If you’re concerned with the security of your account, I’d suggest using the Control Center to change your password and manage the authorized client devices (devices you have signed into your Ring account on).

Regarding motion detection issues, the solution for this is to adjust your Motion Zones and Motion Sensitivity as needed. Keep in mind that the Ring Doorbell is designed to detect and alert you to visitors at your door, so events that occur farther out from your door may be less likely to be detected. It can take some trial and error to find a combination of settings that fits your needs best.

07-02-2024 12:20:36

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User