Guest Users

I own a business and have multiple employees that need their own pins (but not shared access) so I have set them up with guest access. When we have one user put the alarm in away mode another user (different employee opens then closes) is not able to disarm with their own code. How can this issue be resolved?

Good question, @zkennedy! As mentioned in our shared/ guest user help center article, you will need to decide whether to make each employee a Guest or Shared User on a case-by-case basis, depending on whether or not the employee:

• Has a smartphone and can use the Ring app
  • Needs access beyond simply arming and disarming
  • Should get alerts and notifications
  • Needs access to cameras, video doorbells, and locks
  • Needs to arm and disarm when away from the business

If you prefer employees only have guest access, the method you are using should work as intended. As long as an owner assigned, official, and active PIN is used, this should disarm the system. I recommend double checking the code being used by the guest user is being entered correctly, and creating a new code/ access for that user to see if that works. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.