Groups, how do I edit or remove devices?

I have just set up my new ring alarm and unbeknown to me have created a group which is now preventing me from sharing my base station with another user. I’ve looked on the app for group settings and there is nothing… I’ve looked online and in devices it says there is a remove from group option, I can’t find it. I want to be able to share the system with 2 other users.
My set up so far is
Base station
Keypad
range extender
2 x Door contact
1 x Motion sensor

Hi @Brooklands. There is no grouping function for the Ring Alarm. You can use the Shared Users feature to share the Ring Alarm with other users so they can arm and disarm the system.

To add a User, do the following:

• In the Ring app, open the menu.
  • Make sure you’re on the right Location, then tap Settings.
  • Tap the “+” symbol in the upper right corner of the screen.
  • Enter the email address of the person you wish to extend an invitation to (Note that each User must have a separate email address.)
  • Tap “Assign Role” and select the Role you wish that person to have
  • Tap “Send Invite.”

After sending the invite, the Shared User will need to accept the invite they received via email. You can also have Guest users if you don’t want a guest to have access to the Ring Alarm on the Ring app, they’ll only have an access code to arm and disarm the Ring Alarm via the Keypad. I hope this information helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for reply but I’m confused by your instructions.
you say there is no grouping function on the alarm system yet I get a message saying I can’t share the base station because it’s in a group.
Also, I dont see any + symbol in the top right corner.
Please see screen shots…

@Brooklands There may be some type of error happening, as grouping refers to the Light Groups available for Ring Smart Lighting devices. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look at this and walk through any advanced troubleshooting steps that may be applicable. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

@Brooklands After taking a second look, @SolarEclipse is right. You should be able to still activate the slider that allows you to share your Ring Alarm system with other users. I realize I misread the message you’re seeing beneath that in the Ring App, so my apologies for any miscommunication. :slight_smile:

Thanks for reply SolarEclipse but my base station doesn’t have a slider??

I’m even more confused… No “slider” on my base station…

@Brooklands The slider in the Ring app under the Add Shared User section. You sent a screenshot of this screen earlier in the thread, you need to tap the slider next to where it says Alarm Base Station in the Ring app to share it with another user. :slight_smile:

I spoke to Ring Support Uk and all resolved, thanks :upside_down_face:

1 Like