Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
L
User Solution
Grey screen or frozen image on recordings after a minute or so
troubleshooting
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell
video-quality
Many of my recordings just show a grey screen or frozen image after about a minute. The audio continues. Seems to be worse since disabling advanced motion detection. Device is hardwired with RSSI -59 Any ideas?

15-01-2023 01:07:30

Responses (3)

J
User Solution

Hi @Localhero13. If you are experiencing poor video quality, try the following steps:

• Reboot your Doorbell using the Ring app.

• Reboot your router by unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in

• Review our Community page on RSSI, which is a measure of signal strength.

We also have this Help Center page with other steps you can try. I hope this helps. If the issue persists after trying the above, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

16-01-2023 08:40:58

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

03-04-2024 12:52:10

S

I’ve started to have the same problem. Has yours been resolved? I don’t think it has anything to do with the router or bandwidth. Live views are fine. Almost all recorded views have some moments of grey screen with aberrations where motion is being detected

19-07-2024 02:41:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User