Green tint

On top of dealing with the pink/purple tint or picture now I have a green tint on two of my cameras. Has anyone seen this? I googled it and I didn’t find anything.

1 Like

Thank you for that picture example @Kashani! Certain models of Ring Cameras have a night vision feature that allows you to see through the camera in low light conditions. By using infrared light, the camera can create a black and white image that is then beamed to the Live View in your app. By turning the Color Night Vision feature on, the camera will use whatever ambient light is available to try and create a “false color” image in your Live View. This lets you get a better sense of what’s happening in the image by creating a false sense of color depth. If there is a bright light near the Camera with this feature enabled, it could create a bright colorized adjustment.

If this setting is disabled, you should not see any green tint such as what is shown in your image example. As you are experiencing this on multiple cameras, please check that power and wifi resources are sufficient, as well as nothing environmental is causing the color concerns. Let us know how this goes. :slight_smile:

I shut off night vision and still get a green tint during the day time hours.

1 Like

Hey @DJ-ViXXX. Do you mind showing us a screenshot of what this looks like?

1 Like

I have taken a screen shot but Error says it’s too large and it won’t upload.

I have the same problem. No more color on my floodlight cam. I’ve been searching for weeks to find an answer.

So you’re telling me, in order for me or other consumers not to get green tint we must turn off a feature that your engineers came up with? What is the point of having this option if it gives you false picture quality? Why isn’t there a disclaimer in the actual app where the setting option is? To me the quality of the camera is in question or hardware, maybe even software. I appreciate you taking the time to explain all that and I’m not upset or blaming you for anything, just don’t believe that’s the best solution unless if this feature is in BETA? I also have issues where the camera does not catch motion half the time.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! If you have found that you have an oddly colored picture in your Live View or recorded events, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They can do further troubleshooting with you to see if they can help resolve this concern, and if not, should be able to replace your device if you are within warranty.

I have the exact same problem with a floodlight cam. Did you ever figure out a fix for your camera? I haven’t called Ring’s customer service yet.

No still the same. Maybe even worse. I haven’t had the chance to call support.

Same problem here. Green tint at night and I have the

Device Settings>Video Settings>Color Night Vision **set to OFF. ** [see attached image]

Anyone figure this out?

O.M.G. my ring cctv is nuts. green tint, vehicles arriving and leaving but no footage, loads of frames missing and ring customer services have not got a clue what is happening. Bought a wi-fi booster from my ISP but still no joy.

My solution, rip the camera off its mounting, lash it in the bin and buy a hard wired model job done.:

It’s not your WiFi. Well maybe for some people but I have the exact same issue as well and Ring keeps making excuses. Even with the $100 fee yearly fee I pay I still can’t get them to replace the camera. This is a temp solution and I’m definitely switching it to a better system. I’ve bought a few UniFi cameras and they are so much better. I would only recommend rings alarm. The rest is junk…

My photos took. I get Green, Pink and Blue. It is a virtual rainbow. This only happens on the newest of the cameras. Well I can only attach two so I am choosing the Pink and Blue. Others have submitted the green. Nevermind I can’t get them to open even though they show below. Nevermind the nevermind, I got them to open so hopefully you can too.

Are you guys talking about this green stuff interfering in your videos???

1 Like

These are mine. Something changed from 1/25 to 1/26 and now it has a green tint. I shut off the color at night feature and it still is tinted green

Update: I performed a reset of my Ring Doorbell Pro, per another feed I read, and the issue went away. Hope this helps someone else.

1 Like

I had the same issue between April 3rd and 4th everything went pink over night, I reset it by the button on top with no improvement

Hey @Cwalton159. It looks like some neighbors in this topic here have found a few ways to correct this. I hope this also works for you!

Problem exists for me. I have read entire string on this problem. Cam loads with the green hue. Sometimes clearing up, most of the time not. I reactivate cam slow load, and distorted. I have a wifi extender well within range. This is the only cam that has this problem. Need solution.

1 Like