Green line on Bottom of live vie

We have the “Ring video doorbell for 2020” purchased in November 2020. The latest update has caused a thick green line to be present during live view along the bottom of our screens.
First my wife’s device started this when she performed the latest update. We thought it was her device, as mine was not doing this. Well, I just performed the update and now my device is doing the exact same thing.
How can we resolve this issue?

4 Likes

Any luck on a fix? I have the same issue

2 Likes

Still nothing. Contacting support is nearly impossible too. I’ve tried resetting it and it was no help. Has to be with the latest update.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, tried resetting it, unistalled the app and its still there, but when you look back at recording of live view it’s not there. Annoying as it was fine yesterday (16th March) but isn’t now

1 Like

Hi neighbors! Thanks for calling this out. If possible, can. you please share a screenshot example of the green line you’re seeing on the bottom of the Live View? Additionally, can you let me know which version of the Ring App you’re running and if you’re on Android or iOS?

Here is a picture of the green line on the bottom of live view.

I’m running the most current version of the app available in the app store 3.37.0. I’m using Android.

3 Likes

I am seeing a thin green line on the bottom of the live view video in portrait mode but not in landscape mode (full screen); however, looking at the screenshot does show a thin green line on the full screen image.

Phone: Motorola Moto X4 running Android 9
Ring device: Video Doorbell Pro (installed 2018)
Ring app: v.3.37.0

2 Likes

Here is the landscape live view screenshot - must see the image at full resolution to see the green line.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I am using the latest version of the ring app on android

1 Like

Hi neighbors! Thanks so much for sharing those screenshot examples. Would you mind reaching out to our support team to share these examples? While this will not affect the performance of your Ring device or the Live View itself, our support team can document this for you. Our support team can be reached at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Another untested update problem to go along with the Doorbell Offline update problem that I and others have today, and I dont have time to call support.

2 Likes

When I enter live view (with my 2nd gen ring doorbell) there is a green bar that goes across the bottom of the screen. How can we resolve this?

2 Likes

this it seems is an ongoing problem from another update that was not tested before being implemented to the world, the same as the no live view on Friday which was acknowledged by ring and rectified but has come back today to one of my stick up cams probably from another update

I’ve had the green line at bottom of screen for a few days now, I know it’s not my device as have the same problem on mobile and ipad. I’ve done a reset on doorbell device and still same. Appears to be the App that’s the problem

Noticed this on my Ring Pro too, although it seems to come and go. Seeing as lots have reported this same issue (and the fact it doesn’t appear in recordings), I’d say it was a server side issue.

I’ll be honest and state that I won’t be contacting support to report this, I’m really not interested in being sent a replacement when I’m certain the issue isn’t with the device itself.

My flood light is only one affected . I had a small green line in live view for about week now. Noticed yesterday that the camera will freeze if I go to live view, and if there motion going on in the zone. Ex: I open live view right before someone walks up my walk way into the detection zones. Today the green line has gotten bigger at the bottom of the screen. Live view will freeze still if motion is active in zones… *i’m update to date on app and firmware

I’ve had the green line as well for a little over a week now. I’ve noticed the live view is supper laggy and my cameras worked fine before the latest update. My internet speeds are great and I have a new router. When I checked the event videos they are perfectly fine but that doesn’t help me when I need to see the live view. Anyone else experience the same thing?

Yeah the live view seems to be less than 1fps now. It’s definitely an app issue as it works fine on my Echo show and Fire stick.

Same on my ring doorbell and camera I have put up in the garden.

What is the point in sending all these pictures in if they are not going to do anything about it?