Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
I
Go directly to live view when tapping cam in dashboard
live-view
app-settings
troubleshooting
Back when we first got the Ring cams, the app allowed me to tap from the dashboard view of the cams directly into live mode. It seems that changed a while back and now, you tap the cam view to go to an intermediate screen where you have a "live" button. Is there a way to skip that intermediate screen and just go straight into live view. I never need to access this intermediate screen. Any time I tap a view, it's to enter live mode. I find this sort of annoying to be honest. It would be good if there's a setting somewhere to change that back to how it used to work.

02-08-2023 04:27:20

Responses (2)

T
Hi @Inkswamp. Yes, there is a way to accomplish what you are referencing. To do this, open the Ring app and select your device. Next, tap on the Device Settings tile and open the Video Settings Menu. Now, scroll down and look for the "Tap Camera Preview for Live View" option, and toggle that ON. This allows you to tap on the Camera Preview from the Ring app Dashboard and go directly to Live View. You'll need to repeat this process for each device that you want to have this feature. Let me know how you like this feature!

04-08-2023 02:20:14

I
Thank you so much for that. This was making me sort of frustrated with the software. I have a lot of instances where I need to jump right from the dashboard to live view and always having to tap multiple things to get there was a huge nuisance. I appreciate your help.

05-08-2023 11:39:16

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

04-09-2023 11:39:46

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User